Thanks to everyone who attended UNCP Flute Day on February 13!
If you have any thoughts about how we can make next year even better, send an email to Mrs. Busman at email@example.com.
For now, check out the fun we had……
Events in 2016 :
- 10:15 – 10:45 : Check in
- 10:30 – 10:45 : Group warm up
- 10:45 – 12:00 : Session 1 : LEARN Learn about performance, practice, and flute techniques through a masterclass. In a masterclass, students will play a solo piece or etude for me, and I’ll talk about some helpful tips. We’ll all learn how to become better flutists through the skills we talk about with individual students. Are you interested in playing something for me? Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or check the box on your registration form! ~Mrs. B
- 12:00 – 1:00 : Lunch
- 1:00 – 2:00 : Session 2 : IMPROVE In the articulation workshop, attendees will be assisted with different kinds of articulation a including double and triple tongue game, flutter tongue game, as well as differences in staccato and legato tonguing. ~Holly ; In the breathing and tuning workshop, I will focus on different breathing exercises and different ways to properly warm up and tune! It’s important to warm up not only your flute but also your body and breath. ~Dani ; Most students have trouble understanding rhythm. In the rhythm session, I will help you work on “feeling” rhythm, different methods of counting, and ways to practice rhythm. ~Jordan ; Cleaning and care of your flute is important! In my session, we’ll review the ways to properly care for your instrument. ~Caleb
- 2:00 – 3:00 : Session 3 : PLAY A Flute Choir Reading Session is a great way to get to know other flutists and play together. In this session, we’ll work on a few pieces for a short time and get to perform it at the concert at the end of Flute Day!
- 3:00-4:00 : Session 4 : TRY I will hold a workshop focused on world music. This workshop will include flutes from around the world and will allow students to not only learn about them, but give them the opportunity to play them if they wish! Attendees may go around the room and learn about the flutes and try to play them. ~Samantha and Liz ; In the Timeline of Flute History, I will start with some of the earliest know flutes and travel through time to eventually arrive at the instrument we know and love today. I will also include some samples of music written for each model of flute to show how it has changed over time. ~Kayla
- 4:00-4:20 : Pre-Concert check
- 4:30-5:00 : Session 5 : LISTEN Everyone is able to attend our free finale concert, and all participants will have the opportunity to perform from the Flute Choir Reading Session. The UNCP Flute Choir will perform, and I will also play a short selection. It’s a great way to end our flutey day! ~Mrs. B